Honey Flapjacks

 A tin of gooey Honey Flapjack goodness.

I have tried a few flap jack recipes most are good but I was not getting the taste you get from a  great flap jack recipe. Also as a bee keeper I had been trying to incorporate more honey in the flapjacks I make, as I always have honey to spare. 

But could not find a decent recipe that uses honey as a major component of them. Then I realized that my county bee keeping annual Honey Show has recipes using honey for the competition. I have used the Flapjack recipe several times and it is really good. 

Watching a program on food network and their recipe used bran, vanilla extract and toasted oats. So I have added this into my current recipe.

Ingredients 

175g Butter
125g Brown sugar
125g Honey
1 Tsp Vanilla extract

125g Sunflower Seeds, Chocolate chips etc. (what ever you fancy!)
340g Oats (toasted)
25g Wheat Bran



Method

1. Put all oats on a baking sheet and toast at gas mark 6 until browned slightly, adding a nice toasty flavour

2. Melt Butter, Sugar and Honey in a large pan over a low heat stir slowly so it does not burn, Stir to incorporate all the ingredients together so the mixture is a single colour. Then add the vanilla and stir again.




3. Add the Bran and your additions I used 75g of Sultanas and 50g of dried Blueberries to your large pan with Sugars and Butter mix. Stir well to coat all of it in the lovely sugar mixture.


4. Add the toasted oats slowly in the large pan and stir to make sure all is coated in the sugar mixture


5. Put all of the mixture in a tin or ceramic dish, pat down lightly with the back of a spoon.


6. Cook at Gas Mark 2 (150 oC) until oats go a slight golden brown. Remove from Oven and wait ten minutes to cool slightly. Then mark out the size of your chosen flapjack, cut through but do not remove from tin until fully cooled so they dont fall apart.



Enjoy your door step of a Honey Flapjack with a nice cuppa.

Comments